We discuss so much. I recieved a list of tips from a brother which I found unique and eye opening. Without much more ado…
Matthew 19:5 ‘Therefore a man shall leave hisfather and his mother and hold fast to his wife,and the two shall become one flesh’?
Mark 10:7 ‘Therefore a man shall leave his fathr and mother and hold fast to his wife,
1 Corinthians 6:16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.”
Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.”
Ephesians 5:31 “Therefore a man shall leave his father andmother and hold fast to his wife, and the twoshall become one flesh.”
“Therefore a man shall leave his father andmother and hold fast to his wife, and the twoshall become one flesh.”
Psalm 45:10 Hear, O daughter, and consider, and inclineyour ear: forget your people and your father’s house,
Psalm 45:10,11To the married I give this charge (not I, butthe Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband
To the married I give this charge (not I, butthe Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband (but if she does, she should remainunmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.
..24 PRESENT DAY PHONE USE RULES FOR COUPLES..
1. Don’t make a habit of putting your phone on silent mode or turning it off each time you’re with your partner. It makes you look like you are hiding something
2. Save your partner’s phone number using a special title like “Hubby”, “Love”, “Wife”, “Sweerie”. Or save using a title plus the official name. Using the official name only makes your partner look like just the other contacts on your phone
3. Answer your partner’s phone call with loving affectionate words like “Hi love”, “Hey honey”. How a conversation starts detetmines how it flows. If you
start warm, you two will enjoy talking with each other on phone
4. End the talk on a high. Say “I love you”, say a joke, a compliment, a warm phrase before you hang up. Hang up with a smile
5. It is OK to chat with friends online. But never chat with another person more than you chat with your partner
6. If you will be busy, notify your partner you will not be able to pick up calls or reply texts promptly. Inform your partner what you will be doing and approximately for how long. This prepares your partner and brings peace because your partner will not feel ignored
7. Flirting on phone is good but only flirt with your partner
8. Tell off people who try to flirt with you, entice you and charm you on phone. Let them know that you are taken
9. Take lots of photos and videos together to capture moments. You will need those pics and videos in future as you look back
10. When you go out on dates, keep the phone away, minimize phone use so that you focus on each other
11. Don’t make a habit of walking away from your partner to answer phone calls. Your partner will perceive you are hiding something or having an affair. Love is about perception
12. After the date and you don’t live together; man, call her up and check on her, tell her you got home safe; lady, send him a text, thanking him for a wonderful time
13. Unless it’s an emergency, when you can’t reach your partner and you probably know he/she is at work or doing something; don’t keep calling and texting desperately. You will only look like a nag to your partner and that will make your partner detest phone contact with you. Relax, your partner will see your missed call and text
14. When you see a missed call or text from your partner, please call back or reply as soon as you can. Put your partner at ease
15. Save your partner’s phone number as an emergency number to be contacted incase something happens to you and your phone is locked
16. Avoid fights and arguments over the phone, they are difficult to manage and leave a bad feeling when you hang up, thus negatively affecting how you two relate. Talk about serious issues that are volatile face to face
17. When your partner offends you or you two aggrevate each other, never refuse to pick up your partner’s phone call. That only makes matters worse. Keep the line of communication open so that you work things out. If you can’t talk at the moment you are hurting, just pick up the call and say “I can’t talk right now” and your partner will understand
18. Inform your partner when and why you need to turn off your phone when you two are apart. Keep your partner from worrying
19. When you two are having fun together, it is good to celebrate your love online but don’t post too much about your lovelife. Some things are best kept private. The world doesn’t have to know every detail of how you love each other
20. When you two are having problems, don’t vent about your partner directly or indirectly on your social media posts
21. Don’t let your partner get news about you from social media like your online friends. Tell the news to your partner first, and then post online
22. If your partner tries calling you but your line is ‘engaged’/other line/extension use and you cannot click over, explain who you were talking to. And if someones calls you when you’re with your partner, say who it was. Transparency and clarity enhances trust.
23. Remember it is both your role to communicate. None of you should feel he/she is forcing a conversation or is doing much of the talking. Communication takes two!
24. Put away the phone when your partner needs your undivided attention, especially in the bedroom. Don’t be intimate, holding your phone, more than you hold your partner
Phone use can affect your relationship/marriage negatively or positively. Be smart as you use your smart phone 😊
So many times we ‘may’ forget what Love is. Love is an Essence. We possess this essence in our hearts.
Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7