I have set The LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved, Amen.
Greater Love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
We did NOT earn it! Far be it from ‘love’ that a ‘friend’ even a family member would lay down their life for you! When God came as Jesus, we had not earned it! Did not deserve it! But, yet Jesus did! That defines Love!
• Effortless and Eternal dedication, once there will always be there! When we are truly in love with someone, we discover moments of love and affection in the most normal situations.
• Mutual Respect. We could take this places! We have a reason to respect what Jesus did! But we are respected? What is an ‘individual’? You are! There is only ONE of you in this world! ONE! You have your qualities. You are an individual! That is understood. You are respected for who and what you are!
• Acceptance. This goes hand in hand with the above! For who you are: faults and all. You are accepted. No judgement, in the least! We get a sense come all, come all. No matter your condition/problems/burdens…
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
• Selflessness. We have ALL in God! God created us! Amen. To God be ALL the glory. But! Chechen this out! We have choices! “Should I, shouldn’t I?” Rings so true. We have the reins! Give them willingly over. We have a ‘Driver’ with MORE experience than we will EVER have! “He is before all things, and in God all things hold together.” Colossians 1:17; Gets a bit ‘deeper’ here: “When God has done this, then Jesus will be made subject to God who put everything under Jesus, so that God may be all in everything.” 1 Corinthians 15:28; “Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account.” Ecclesiastes 3:15
• Trust, Healing, Growth.
• Companionship: “What a friend we have in Jesus.” Friend? We could not even imagine the emotions that rise up at this! Again; it is proven! Jesus stepped down, way down to do what He did for you and I.
“No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from Heaven: the Son of Man. ”
“For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.”
“This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.
“I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
We crown this with fact:
“Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to His own advantage;
rather, He made Himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a Man,
He humbled Himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!”
This can all be summed up:
1. Love suffers long.
2. Love is kind.
3. Love does not envy others.
4. Love does not parade itself.
5. Love is not puffed up.
6. Love is not ill-mannered (GNT).
7. Love does not demand its own. way.
8. Love is not irritable (NLT).
9. Love keeps no record of being wronged (NLT).
10. Love finds no joy in unrighteousness (HCSB).
11. Love rejoices in the truth.
12. Love bears all things.
13. Love believes all things.
14. Love hopes all things.
15. Love endures all things.
Again; we could share a storm on these. But, I 1 Corinthians 13’d it.
Beloved, let us love one another, for Love is from God, and whoever Loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not Love does not know God, because God is Love. In this the Love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent His only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him. In this is Love, not that we have Loved God but that God Loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so Loved us, we also ought to love (we can start with a lower case “L” – ‘l’ and move on up with understanding!) one another.
No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and God’s Love is perfected in us.
By this we know that we abide in God and God in us, because God has given us of His Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be The Savior of the world.
Whoever confesses that Jesus is The Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the Love that God has for us. God is Love, and whoever abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is Love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as Jesus is so also are we in this world.
There is no fear in Love, but perfect Love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in Love. We Love because God first Loved us!
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot Love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from God: whoever claims to Love God must also love his brother.
1 John 4:7-21
As we mentioned; there is so VERY much to share about God! Let each moment be our learning/teaching point. Amen.