The book of Psalms tells of the existence of king David. Yes, he slew Goliath, but he was tested.
We can further study an indepth look at the life and times of king David.
Are you tested? Wait on The LORD in faith. God in not Man that He should lie. God Who Created ALL should recieve ALL the glory. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.
Countless examples of difficulties used to The glory of God.
We could go on… The New Testament brims with trials. Jesus! His disciples, the apostles…
Today, we experience trials. Are we special that we would not?
1. Philippians 2:3 nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
2. John 7:18 Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.
3. John 8:54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.
4. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
5. Luke 22:42-44 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.
6. Acts 16:6-7 Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to.
7. Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Sometimes people are going to say things to distract you such as, “why are you doing this it’s not successful, God is clearly not with you, but people don’t know what God told you.”
It might not be successful in people’s eyes, but it is successful in God’s eyes because He told you to do it and He allowed it and even though you may go through trials He will make a way. Do you remember the story of Job? His wife and friends were telling him things that were not true. He was in the will of God. Success doesn’t always appear how we think it should be. Success can be a trial that leads to a blessing.
8. Job 2:9-10 His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!” He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
9. 1 John 2:16-17 For everything in the world–the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life–comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
We see trials and tribulations, The promises of God are on the horizon, Amen.
As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence.
2 Kings 18:5 (King Hezekiah) He trusted in the Lord God of Israel, so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor who were before him.
1 Chronicles 5:20 And they were helped against them, and the Hagrites were delivered into their hand, and all who were with them, for they cried out to God in the battle. He heeded their prayer, because they put their trust in Him.
Psalms 4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.
Psalms 7:1 O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; save me from all those who persecute me; and deliver me..
Psalms 9:10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalms 11:1 In the Lord I put my trust; how can you say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain?”
Psalms 16:1 Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.
Psalms 18:2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalms 18:30 As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in You; let me not be ashamed; let not my enemies triumph over me.