What exactly does it mean to decree and declare God’s Word over our lives? Is this Biblical? What does it really accomplish? Many of us have been taught to do this or have avoided it because of the possibility that it is not sound doctrine. I have heard some state that this is a mentality that comes from the “prosperity movement of distorted doctrine”. Let’s examine this together today and see what the Word of God really has to say.
7 SCRIPTURES ABOUT SPEAKING THINGS INTO EXISTENCE
“You don’t get in life what you want, you get what you believe.” Oprah Winfrey
I Choose to Believe
There are hundreds if not thousands of books out there on how to get the life you want if you do XYZ & 123. 9 times out of 10, those secrets, steps & tips are already in the bible! They just say it differently.
True! God is the original motivational speaker!
I will make it a habit to consciously speak LIFE, watch my words at all times and believe in God & what He has for me shall come to pass. I will be intentional in every area of my life.
7 Scriptures about Speaking Things into Existence
- Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
- Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.. Phil 4:8
- And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. Matt 21:22
- So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
- Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Mark 11:23
- But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matt 4:4
- For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; 1 Peter 3:10
The thing is, God gives us rules to live by and clear instructions on how to have a fulfilled life. So many times we (I’ve done it too) pick & choose what we want to follow out of the bible. We pick the scripture that benefits us at the time we need it the most.