The promises of God
The Bible is full of God’s promises and reminders that He is faithful. Let this powerful list of God’s promises teach you more about His incredible character. Reflect on this rich collection of promise quotes to help you in whatever you’re facing today. Take encouragement from the truth that God is with you.
The following God’s promises Bible verses are taken from the NIV version of the Bible.
Bible promises about God’s goodness
When things get tough, it can be easy to focus on ourselves and our difficulties. Read these Bible promises about who God is and let them lift your eyes away from your own situation to the God who is infinitely good.
- Psalm 145:9 The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
- Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- 2 Samuel 7:28 Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.
- Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
- Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
- Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
- Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favour and honour; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
God’s promises about being with us
Hold onto these promises that God is with you in your individual situation. Remember the time in the Bible when God gave Noah a rainbow as a sign that God keeps his promises. As He was faithful to Noah, He will be faithful to you.
Why not share these Bible verses about God’s faithfulness with a friend who needs encouragement.
- Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
- Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.