This account goes on to describe the seven days of creation:
- In the beginning – God started creation
- the first day – light was created
- the second day – the sky was created
- the third day – dry land, seas, plants and trees were created
- the fourth day – the Sun, Moon and stars were created
- the fifth day – creatures that live in the sea and creatures that fly were created
- the sixth day – animals that live on the land and finally humans, made in the image of God were created
- by day seven – God finished his work of creation and rested, making the seventh day a special holy day.
Rest: To relax into something and let it support you.
Our REST is in The LORD, Amen.
We speak to a single Force, an Entity Who gives “rest.” Considering The AWESOME POWER of The Creator of ALL – seen and unseen, is stunning!
The paintbrush was placed down for a period… “By the ‘seventh’ period, God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the ‘seventh’ day He rested from all His work.” Genesis 2:2
What is God’s rest? The rest God is talking about is not rest from your daily work or physically exhausted when you have worked hard. It is that profound peace that God gives to those who love and obey Him regardless of circumstances. It is peace that involves the whole faculty as the Bible Dictionary stipulates.
We rest from the desire to prove our righteousness to God over and over again. Belief in Christ as our Lord and Savior includes the acknowledgement that we are all sinners and can do nothing to earn our own salvation. Entering God’s rest means we can stop trying.
SPIRITUAL REST is the capacity to experience God in all things and recline in the knowledge of The Holy.