We have been asked to seek, knock and ask –
We are Known by God:
Our story has already been written.
In Psalm 139:13-16, David the psalmist sang eloquently about the loving writer of our script:
For You Created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the Earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.
Did you catch those last two lines? All the days ordained for you were written in His book (I like to call it His “script” for our lives) before one of them came to be. God has seen all our days in front of Him before we’ve lived out any of them. That means nothing takes Him by surprise. Nothing is unexpected to Him, and nothing affects you and me that is outside of His Loving plan for us. The Writer, Designer, and Director of our life’s script knows exactly what He is doing—even when we think something is spiraling ‘out of control.’ It is being spun into the fabric of our being.
In Ephesians 2:10, we read: “We are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” There it is again. God prepared good works in advance—before we were ever born and placed into our life’s script.
1. Proverbs 26:11-12 “Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats his folly. Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”
2. 2 Peter 2:22 “But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.”
3. Philippians 3:13 “Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead.”
4. Proverbs 10:23 “Doing wickedness is like sport to a fool, And so is wisdom to a man of understanding.”
5. Revelation 3:19 “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.”
ALL things work together for good in the lives of those who Love God. We are where we are for a reason.
6. Proverbs 21:11 “When someone who is conceited gets his punishment, even an unthinking person learns a lesson. One who is wise will learn from what he is taught.”
7. Proverbs 12:15 “The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.”
8. 1 Corinthians 10:11 “Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.”
9. Ezekiel 18:14-17 “But suppose this son has a son who sees all the sins his father commits, and though he sees them, he does not do such things: “He does not eat at the mountain shrines or look to the idols of Israel. He does not defile his neighbor’s wife. He does not oppress anyone or require a pledge for a loan. He does not commit robbery but gives his food to the hungry and provides clothing for the naked. He withholds his hand from mistreating the poor and takes no interest or profit from them. He keeps my laws and follows my decrees. He will not die for his father’s sin; he will surely live.
10. Proverbs 18:15 “The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.”
Learning and growing Scriptures
As you age you should be progressing in life. You should be growing and maturing. Your relationship with Christ should be deepening as well. As you spend time with Christ and get to know more of who He is, then your intimacy with Him will increase. You will then begin to experience Him more throughout your week.
11. Luke 2:40 “The Child continued to grow and become strong, increasing in wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.”
12. 1 Corinthians 13:11 “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.”
13. 2 Peter 3:18 “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.”
14. 1 Peter 2:2-3 “Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.”