Practice being still and quiet before God
1. Zechariah 2:13 Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.
2. Psalm 46:10-11 “Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” The LORD of Heaven’s Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress. Interlude
3. Exodus 14:14 “The LORD will fight for you while you keep still.”
4. Habakkuk 2:20 “The LORD is in his holy Temple. All the earth—be quiet in his presence.”
Jesus is able to calm the storm within you and around you.
5. Mark 4:39-41 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
6. Psalm 107:28-29 Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed
7. Psalm 46:1-7 God is our refuge and strength, a great help in times of distress. Therefore we will not be frightened when the earth roars, when the mountains shake in the depths of the seas, when its waters roar and rage, when the mountains tremble despite their pride. Look! There is a river whose streams make the city of God rejoice, even the Holy Place of the Most High. Since God is in her midst, she will not be shaken. God will help her at the break of dawn. The nations roared; the kingdoms were shaken. His voice boomed; the earth melts. The Lord of the heavenly armies is with us; our refuge is the God of Jacob.
Sometimes we need to stop everything and put our focus on the Lord.
8. 1 Samuel 12:16 Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!
9. Exodus 14:13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again.”
We need to stop worrying and stop being distracted by the world and just listen to the Lord.
10. Luke 10:38-42 Now as they were traveling along, Jesus went into a village. A woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat down at the Lord’s feet and kept listening to what he was saying. But Martha was worrying about all the things she had to do, so she came to him and asked, “Lord, you do care that my sister has left me to do the work all by myself, don’t you? Then tell her to help me.” The Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha! You worry and fuss about a lot of things. But there’s only one thing you need. Mary has chosen what is better, and it is not to be taken away from her.”
Wait patiently and trust in the Lord.
11. Psalm 37:7 Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.
12. Psalm 62:5-6 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.
13. Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
14. James 5:7-8 Therefore, brothers, be patient until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth and is patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, because the Lord’s coming is near.
Be still, shut off the TV, and listen to God in His Word.
15. Joshua 1:8 This law scroll must not leave your lips! You must memorize it day and night so you can carefully obey all that is written in it. Then you will prosper and be successful.
16. Psalm 1:2 But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night.
17. John 16:33 I have told you this so that through me you may have peace. In the world you’ll have trouble, but be courageous—I’ve overcome the world!
18. Psalm 23:4 Even when I must walk through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for you are with me; your rod and your staff reassure me.
19. Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
We will never find peace if we are always busy doing things. We need to cease and allow Christ to give us a peace that the world can’t offer.
20. Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of the Messiah also rule in your hearts, to which you were called in one body, and be thankful.
21. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
22. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep perfectly peaceful the one whose mind remains focused on you, because he remains in you.
23. 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
24. Job 34:29 But if he remains silent, who can condemn him? If he hides his face, who can see him? Yet he is over individual and nation alike.
25. Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.