- “God desires to show His power through your storm, but is your lack of faith keeping Him from doing so? God brings storms into your life to show His strength and to gain glory from His providence.” Paul Chappell
- “God is able to accomplish, provide, help, save, keep, subdue… He is able to do what you can’t. He already has a plan. God’s not bewildered. Go to Him.” Max Lucado
- “When life gets tough, pause and remember how blessed you truly are. God will provide.”
1. Psalm 22:26 The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him may your hearts live forever!
2. Psalm 146:7 He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry. The LORD frees the prisoners.
3. Proverbs 10:3 The LORD will not allow a righteous person to starve, but he intentionally ignores the desires of a wicked person.
4. Psalm 107:9 For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
5. Proverbs 13:25 The righteous eat to their hearts’ content, but the stomach of the wicked goes hungry.
Do not be anxious.
6. Matthew 6:31-32 Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ The people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things, and your Father in heaven knows you need them.
7. Luke 12:31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.
8. Philippians 4:19 And my God will fully supply your every need according to his glorious riches in the Messiah Jesus.
9. Psalm 34:10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
10. Psalm 84:11-12 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You!
11. Matthew 7:11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.
God provides for all of creation.
12. Luke 12:24 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest, they don’t have storerooms or barns, but God feeds them. And you are worth much more than birds.
13. Psalm 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
14. Psalm 145:15-16 The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.
15. Psalm 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O LORD.
16. Psalm 136:25-26 He gives food to every living thing. His faithful love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of heaven. His faithful love endures forever.
God gives us all we need to do His will.
17. 1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
18. 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
There is nothing wrong with praying for provision.
19. Matthew 21:22 Give us this day our daily bread.
20. Matthew 7:7 Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.
21. Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
22. John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
God examines our motives for everything.
23. James 4:3 you ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly, so you can spend it on your passions.
24. Luke 12:15 Then He said to them, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.”