Don’t discount the power of serving, being faithful, helping someone else succeed, helping your company do better. You may say “I have my own dreams. I’m falling behind.”
No, your time is coming. There’s a goliath moment, a suddenly, where you’ll be thrust to a new level, stay in prayer.
You’re never wasting time serving others. It’s a part of God’s plan. You can’t reach your destiny without that time of being faithful to another person’s dream. That’s showing God that He can trust you with your own.
Make time for The Lord in prayer. Walk with Him daily. The world teaches us that it’s all about me, but this should not be. Put others before yourself. We must stop this comfortable Christianity and seek to tell others about Christ.
People are going to hell, doesn’t that affect you? Sometimes we don’t truly realize how short life is. I’ve talked to people one day and the next day they were gone. On the day of Judgement it’s going to be too late for everything.
It’s going to be too late to accept Christ, it’s going to be too late to get to know Christ more, it’s going to be too late to witness. Don’t put off doing God’s will.
We must stop being lazy. Who cares what is going on in the world? What is going on with your relationship with Christ? Don’t waste your life!
- “Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time.” – Victor Hugo
- Save the excuses. It’s not about “having” time. It’s about making time. If it matters, you will make time.
- “You have eternity to enjoy the honeymoon, but only a short time to prepare for the wedding.” Woodrow Kroll
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 90:12 Teach us to number each of our days so that we may grow in wisdom.
2. Psalm 39:4-5 “LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered–how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.”
3. Ephesians 5:15-17 So be very careful how you live. Do not live like those who are not wise, but live wisely. Use every chance you have for doing good, because these are evil times. So do not be foolish but learn what the Lord wants you to do.
4. Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven:
5. Colossians 4:5 Be wise in the way you act with those who are not believers. Use your time in the best way you can.
Take your eyes off of the world and put them on the Lord.
6. Ephesians 5:11 Don’t waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness. Expose these things for the sham they are.
7. Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
8. John 4:34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
9. Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
10. Romans 6:13 and do not present your members to sin as instruments to be used for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead and your members to God as instruments to be used for righteousness.
11. Proverbs 10:17 Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.
We must never be slothful.
12. Proverbs 6:9-11 How long will you lie there, you lazy person? When will you get up from sleeping? You sleep a little; you take a nap. You fold your hands and lie down to rest. So you will be as poor as if you had been robbed; you will have as little as if you had been held up.
13. Proverbs 12:24 The diligent will take control, but the lazy will be put to forced labor.
14. Proverbs 19:15 Laziness casts into a deep sleep, And an idle man will suffer hunger.
15. Proverbs 14:23 In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.
Don’t allow yourself to procrastinate.
16. Proverbs 6:4 Don’t allow yourself to sleep or even to close your eyes.
17. Ecclesiastes 11:4 Whoever keeps staring at the wind won’t sow; whoever daydreams won’t reap.
18. Ecclesiastes 9:10 Whatever you find to do with your hands, do it with all your might, because there is neither work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the grave, the place where you will eventually go.
19. Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,
20. Romans 12:11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
21. Jeremiah 2:8 The priests did not ask, ‘Where is the LORD?’ Those who taught my word ignored me, the rulers turned against me, and the prophets spoke in the name of Baal, wasting their time on worthless idols.