When we hear about the heroes of the Old Testament, we often hear about the ways God empowered them to fight battles and bring Him glory. But, we should also take note of the times they recognized God’s holiness and glorified His Holy name. For instance, David wrote psalms that frequently celebrate God’s goodness. They not only sought God and showed reverence, the psalms show how believers of long ago also rejoiced because of all God had done and would do. When is the last time you worshipped God with rejoicing?
Simply stated “here you are – breathing, reading, understanding, alive!” Yes! There are things we deal with, give God ALL the glory, we experience life! A known blessing is that we are!
Dear God, Thank You for Your amazing power and work in our lives, thank You for Your goodness and for Your blessings over us.Thank You that Your Word teaches us the power of gratitude. Thank You that You are able to bring hope through even the toughest of times, strengthening us for Your purposes. Thank You that You are always with us and will never leave us. Forgive us for when we don’t thank You enough, for who You are, for all that You do, for all that You have given. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on You afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with Your peace and joy. We Love You and we need You, this day and every day, Amen. We give You praise and thanks, for You alone are worthy! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Wine that gladdens huMan hearts, oil to make their faces shine, and bread that sustains their hearts.
The trees of The LORD are well watered, the cedars of Lebanon that He planted.
There the birds make their nests; the stork has its home in the junipers.
The high mountains belong to the wild goats; the crags are a refuge for the hyrax.
God made the moon to mark the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.
You bring darkness, it becomes night, and all the beasts of the forest prowl.
The lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God.
The sun rises, and they steal away; they return and lie down in their dens.
Then people go out to their work, to their labor until evening.
How many are Your works, LORD! In wisdom You made them all; the Earth is full of Your creatures.
There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number— living things both large and small.
There the ships go to and fro, and Leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.
All creatures look to You to give them their food at the proper time.
When You give it to them, they gather it up; when You open Your hand, they are satisfied with good things. Hallelujah!!!
“Sometimes God’s blessing are not in what He gives; but in what He takes away. He knows best, trust Him.”
“To trust God in the light is nothing, but trust him in the dark—that is faith.” Charles Spurgeon
“Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place.”
“God has perfect timing trust Him.”
“The more you trust God the more He amazes you.”
“Trust the past to the mercy of God, the present to His love, and the future to His providence.” Saint Augustine
“Whatever is worrying you right now, forget about it. Take a deep breath and trust in God.”
“If God was faithful to you yesterday, you have reason to trust him for tomorrow.” Woodrow Kroll
“Faith is trusting God even when you don’t understand His plan.”
“If God wants a thing to succeed – you can’t mess it up. If He wants a thing to fail – you can’t save it. Rest and just be faithful.”
“We can trust God’s Word to be the absolute authority in all matters of life because it is the very words of Almighty God written through human vessels inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
“God isn’t asking you to figure it out. He’s asking you to trust that He already has.”
“God understands your pain. Trust Him to take care of the things that you can’t.”
“Trust God for the impossible-miracles are His department. Our job is to do our best, letting the Lord do the rest.” David Jeremiah
“Keep trusting God. He is always in control even when your circumstances may seem out of control.”
“Man says, show me and I’ll trust you. God says, trust me and I’ll show you.”
“God never disappoints anyone who puts their trust in Him.”
Prayer is the most tangible expression of trust in God. Jerry Bridges
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” Corrie Ten Boom
“I have learned that faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse.” – Philip Yancey
Bible verses about trusting God in difficult times
God is with you always, even in the worst of times. His presence is with you, protecting you and working for you. He has empowered you with everything you need to face those difficulties confronting you. You have the power of His Holy Spirit and the spiritual weapons you need to stand firm against the devil’s strategies (Ephesians 6:10-18).
When you feel helpless and don’t know what to do next, follow His commands in the Bible, follow His Holy Spirit’s leading, and trust Him to work everything out for your good. Difficult times set the stage for God to show Himself mighty in your life. Let’s work on not worrying by being still before the Lord. Trust that God will lead you in this storm that you are in.
1. John 16:33 “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
2. Romans 8:18 “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”
3. Psalm 9:9-10 “The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. 10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.”
4. Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a helper who is always found in times of trouble.”
5. Psalm 59:16 “But I will sing of Your strength and proclaim Your loving devotion in the morning. For You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.”
6. Psalm 56:4 “In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?”
7. Isaiah 12:2 “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.”
8. Exodus 15:2-3 “The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” 3 The LORD is a warrior; the LORD is his name.”
9. Exodus 14:14 “The LORD is fighting for you! So be still!”
10. Psalm 25:2 “I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.”
11. Isaiah 50:10 “Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the voice of his servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.”
12. Psalm 91:2 “I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
13. Psalm 26:1 “Of David. Vindicate me, LORD, for I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the LORD and have not faltered.”
14. Psalm 13:5 “But I have trusted in Your loving devotion; my heart will rejoice in Your salvation.”
15. Psalm 33:21 “For our hearts rejoice in Him, since we trust in His holy name.”
16. Psalm 115:9 “O Israel, trust the LORD! He is your helper and your shield.
How to trust God when bad things happen?
The Bible says that when we fear God and delight in obeying His commands, light shines in the darkness for us. We will not be shaken; we will not fall. We do not need to fear bad news, because we confidently trust God to care for us. We can fearlessly face any adversities in triumph. (Psalm 112:1, 4, 6-8)
How do we trust God when bad things happen? By focusing on God’s character, power, and love – rather than being absorbed with the negative circumstances coming against us. Nothing can separate us from God’s love! (Romans 8:38) If God is for us, what can be against us? (Romans 8:31)
17. Psalm 52:8-9 “But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever. 9 For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in your name, for your name is good.”
18. Psalm 40:2-3 “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him.”
19. Psalm 20:7-8 “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.”
20. Psalm 112:1 “Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments!”