What does it mean to wait upon the Lord? In the scriptures, the word wait means to hope, to anticipate, and to trust. To hope and trust in the Lord requires faith, patience, humility, meekness, long-suffering, keeping the commandments, and enduring to the end.
I know, we don’t love to wait for anything.
But miracles? We can make an exception for those. 🙂
Miracles are cause for celebration. Sometimes things turn out way better than we planned.
But most of the time, we just don’t know where the road is going.
So let’s remember in our uncertainty and doubt, that waiting is a very good option.
We don’t have to run headlong into solutions.
Here are five Bible verses that prove that God hears our prayers.
1. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does His will.”
2. 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the eyes of The Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of The Lord is against those who do evil.”
3. 1 John 5:15 – “And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.”
4. Jeremiah 29:12-13; “Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.”
5. Psalm 66:17-20 – “I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart, The Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer. Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His Love from me!”
We can always get silent and listen for guidance.
We can always step back and rest for a moment in the safety and comfort of self care.
Miracles are unfolding when we surrender and make an offering of our challenges – having faith and patience that the next step will be revealed.
Our prayers are always answered. God always listens to us when we pray. The scriptures show countless examples of prayers God has heard and answered. He continues to answer prayers today. Through the power of prayer, you can get answers to your questions and receive the blessings God has in store for you.
But not always in the way we expect.
Let’s listen. Wait. And give thanks for miracles that are yet to unfold. ❤