Have you been praying for something to happen in your life for so long that you feel like giving up?
You’re not alone in your waiting.
- David waited 15 years to be king. What is Spoken WILL be, Amen.
- Moses waited 40 years to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. He fled Egypt and wasn’t called back to lead his people until he was in his 80s. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with The Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8
- Sarah waited 25 years for her appointed child, Isaac. So long, that she took matters into her own hands and had her husband sleep with her handmaid Hagar to give her a son. Stand fast in faith! Ask and you shall receive!
- Rebekah waited 20 years to give birth to Jacob and Esau. Rebekah prayed and God said “two nations are in your womb”. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to Esau and Jacob. In this passage, we can see Issac and Rebekah’s faith. They waited for 20 years for children, and they prayed.
- Job was tried for an unspecified period: https://www.gotquestions.org/Job-suffering.html
You may have heard this verse before:
“And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that The Father may be glorified in The Son.” John 14:13
But what many of us fail to realize is that the verse doesn’t say Jesus will do what we ask right now.
None of us know God’s timing or why it seems to take soooo much longer than we’d like sometimes.
But rest in the truth that God is faithful.