ALL connected from my experience!
1. We live on a planet Earth.
2. We ALL will die!
3. We have choices to make EVERYDAY! THE MOST important will affect EVERYTHING after your ‘life’ here on Earth has ceased.
4. Our actions mean so VERY much! We will give account for every action we take/make. HUGE question! To Whom/What??? So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to The Creator of ALL things – God.
5. Life is short! Next ‘phase’ never ends! Fact: After death,’Time’ ceases.
6. Choice is possible: Here and now! There will be that always in/on our minds! Think on this! Very simple the choice: believe or not!
7. We currently are in existent here on Earth. As stated above: “life is short.” Your ‘Life’ story is recorded! In playback will you be pleased with the summation? As stated: “life is so very short.” Fine! In Science; Earth and the Universe came from somewhere. Where? Think on that. BIG question: What was the BIG Bang? Just as that is theorized to be The beginning. What was before? And What will be after? In theory/actuality ALL THINGS COME TO AN END. Can you name a single thing here on Earth that does not follow this rule/law?
8. True Peace is possible! Jesus is The Source of true peace. Jesus Christ came to Earth to give those who believe in Him as Lord an eternal peace of soul. His peace does not come merely from listening to His teachings, but by having faith in Him, because He paid the penalty for our sins.
9. You were born! There is no way you could ever disprove this fact!
10. You have considered the then! Life then??? What is YOUR purpose? Why were you born? It was no mistake! You have a purpose. What is meant by the purpose of existence is to realize our own purpose on Earth and to do things that are important to ourselves. It is about living a fulfilling life that makes you happy. Your purpose of existence is that at the end you can say your life was worthwhile!
We could go on! But instead, let us take a few minutes to ensure our eternity!
The assurance of salvation is, simply put, knowing for sure that you are saved. Many Christians throughout history have written about their struggles in being assured of their salvation. The problem is that many followers of Jesus Christ look for the assurance of salvation in the wrong places.
We tend to seek assurance of salvation in the things God is doing in our lives, in our spiritual growth, in the good works and obedience to God’s Word that is evident in our Christian walk. While these things can be evidence of salvation, they are not what we should base the assurance of our salvation on. Rather, we should find the assurance of our salvation in the objective truth of God’s Word. We should have confident trust that we are saved based on the promises God has declared, not because of our subjective experiences.
How can you have assurance of salvation? Consider 1 John 5:11–13: “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life” (emphasis added). Who is it that has the Son? It is those who have believed in Him (John 1:12). If you have Jesus, you have life. Not temporary life, but eternal. And, according to 1 John 5:13, you can know that you have this eternal life.
God wants us to have assurance of our salvation. We should not live our Christian lives wondering and worrying each day whether we are truly saved. That is why the Bible makes the plan of salvation so clear. Believe in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Acts 16:31). Do you believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins and rose again from the dead (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21)? Do you trust Him alone for salvation? If your answer to these questions is “yes,” you are saved! Assurance means freedom from doubt. By taking God’s Word to heart, you can have no doubt about the reality of your eternal salvation.
Jesus Himself assures those who believe in Him: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand” (John 10:28–29). Eternal life is just that—eternal. There is no one, not even yourself, who can take Christ’s God-given gift of salvation away from you.
Take joy in what God’s Word is saying to you: instead of doubting, we can live with confidence! We can have the assurance from Christ’s own Word that our salvation will never be in question. Our assurance of salvation is based on the perfect and complete salvation God has provided for us through Jesus Christ. Are you trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior? If the answer is “yes,” rest assured, you are saved.
Will you receive Jesus Christ right now?
Here is how you can receive Christ:
- Admit your need. (I am a sinner.)
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent) and ask for God’s forgiveness.
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Jesus as Lord and Savior)
We suggest a prayer like this one:
“Dear God, I know I am a sinner. I want to turn from my sins, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe He died for my sins and that You raised Him to life. I want Him to come into my heart and to take control of my life. I want to trust Jesus as my Savior and follow Him as my Lord from this day forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”