I cast my mind back to days that there were no computers! Yes! I am that old; plus I was abroad in Africa…
I remember keenly typewriters! My Medical School application was done on a typewriter! To make the essay fit into the space provided! White-out. Does anybody remember what that is?
Technology/advances…We are blessed! This can be written, prayed over and sent out!
The same way, The Word of God has a way of going forth! Do not look back! Keep your eyes on Jesus, The Author and Finisher of our faith.
Here are 5 Bible verses that light the way ahead:
1. In 2 Corinthians 5:17, God says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
He says that old things are just that. Old. And gone.
2. In Isaiah 43:18-19, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”
God has something new for me and you, and He wants us to look, to see what He’s doing.
3. In Exodus 23:20, “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.”
God has sent an angel ahead of us. He doesn’t send us alone as we walk into an unknown future.
4. In Job 17:9, “The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.”
Moving forward with Him makes us stronger.
5. In Philippians 3:13-14,“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
When I forget about those things that are behind me, then I can reach forward to the prize God has waiting. It would be such a shame to miss that.
It’s time to quit wallowing in what’s over and done and to look ahead to what I can do for Him in the future. And I suspect it sure will help that spiritual crick in my neck if I’ll just keep looking forward.