What is life?
This could endlessly be defined! Life, as understood in the Bible, is God’s action within a plan of goodness and for a purpose, fully known only to Himself. God lives of Himself. So, why am I?
I have lived, and arrived at a threshold of life:death. My experience, defines and clearly points out my reason and purpose.
In Ecclesiastes, the writer explores the meaning of life and searches for lasting value in this life. He considers wisdom, knowledge, pleasure, work, and time, but comes away from his search with a cynical and unsettling view: life is meaningless. Is it? I ask you! What is life to you?! Yes! We look back on/in history – there is so very much to overwhelmed us; but, what do we take away?
Studying history helps us understand and grapple with complex questions and dilemmas by examining how the past has shaped (and continues to shape) global, national, and local relationships between societies and people.
We have defined history as His-Story; meaning The story being unfolded, until the end. I have come to the realization, that I am here for a purpose – and I state this again: We must be ambassadors for Christ on earth, showing his love for humanity as revealed in the gospel. Just as we were reconciled to God through faith in Christ, so too others can be reconciled to God as God uses us to share with them the message of reconciliation.
Complexity upon complexity! God revealed two of His purposes for Mankind at Creation: procreation and the governance of the Earth (Genesis 1:28a). HuMans are to fill the Earth and subdue creation (Psalm 8:4-6; Hebrews 2:6-8), something that is properly fulfilled in knowing and obeying God.
I am attempting to simplify a life-long quest! We all live and life here on Earth for every individual will cease! Then???
When we die as believers, we are with God. And we keep being with Him after our bodily resurrection and the world is made new. However, when someone dies apart from Jesus, they enter eternity carrying the weight of their offenses against an Infinite and holy God and are judged accordingly by Him.
The question we are focused on here: “What’s a topic or issue about which you’ve changed your mind?” I had a somewhat inaccurate concept (or what could be termed ‘knowledge’), of life and death! We could go endlessly on about my former thoughts and/or concepts wasting time!
My experience revealed the truth! After my experience, I was moved to share my experiences with huManity. Yes! A very tiny percentage of people, at least I am hopeful and attempting to share beyond my immediate environs.
Again, I ask you – “Here now, then?” “Where are you going after you die? What happens?” As shared above – complexity upon complexity. But, it is so very simple! One must seriously consider that not many can make a claim of experiencing the life:death border.
To demonstrate that I have done my research on the topic, I share the accounts available:
We can go endlessly on! But, it is your decision that matters. You ‘chanced’ upon this share, you have a choice/decision to make. Either turn to Christ or you can turn away, you will experience what I share, we all will!!!
Pray this prayer:
“Lord Jesus, I repent of my sins and surrender my life. Wash me clean. I believe that Jesus Christ is The Son of God. That He died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day for my Victory, I believe that in my heart and make confession with my mouth, that Jesus is my Savior and Lord. I receive eternal life, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
I believe that if you prayed that simple prayer, you have been born again. You are starting with a clean slate, and you have entered into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Keep God first place in your life. Learn to pray; prayer is simply talking to God like you would talk to a friend. Mark today’s date, write it down in a place that is significant to you– this is the day of new beginnings in your life!
- Read the Bible daily. It is God’s letter to you. He will speak to you through His Word. If you have never read the Bible, consider starting with the Gospel of John.
- Pray. Talk with God. He wants to hear from you. He wants you to tell Him your hopes, desires, fears and needs. He wants you to invite him into every day.
- Begin to meet with other Christians regularly. Join a church that teaches the Bible and believes that people are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone.
- Email us so that we can pray for you–we are now your brothers and sisters in Christ! email@example.com
- Tell others about Jesus. The invitation from Christ to be forgiven and adopted as a child of God is open to everyone in the world. God wants no one to die separated from Him because of sin. People who do not receive Christ as Savior will not be saved from the penalty of their sins. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Being free from the penalty of your sin does not mean that you will never sin again. It does mean, however, that you are no longer a slave to sin (Romans 6). Now, by the power of God in you through the Holy Spirit, you are able to say no to sin and yes to God’s ways. God will not allow you to be tempted to sin beyond what you can handle and He will provide a way of escape when you are tempted (1 Corinthians 10:13). When you do sin, here are steps to take to get back on God’s path:
- Confess your sin to God (1 John 1:9)
- Confess your sin to other Christians (1 John 1:7, James 5:16)
- Repent (turn) from your sin and turn back to Christ (2 Timothy 2:22)
- Walk with God daily, don’t run or hide from Him. Remember, God loves you! Because of Christ, you will never lose your salvation (Galatians 5:16, John 10:27-29). Go back to steps 1, 2 and 3 above to reconnect with Him.