“For He Himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in His flesh the dividing wall of hostility”
- Ephesians 2:14
More clearly; we read: “For Christ Himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in His own body on the cross, He broke down the wall of hostility that separated us.”
Prayer for Spiritual Strength
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from Whom every family in Heaven and on Earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in Love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the Love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to Him Who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be all glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Let Thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee. For our heart shall rejoice in You Lord.
Because we have trusted in His Holy Name. Our soul waiteth for The LORD: He is our Help and our Shield.
“The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.”
– Proverbs 10:22
Rich? What exactly does it mean to be “Rich”?
RICH, a. L. rego, regnum, Eng. reach, region, from extending.
1. Wealthy; opulent; possessing a large portion of land, goods or money, or a larger portion than is common to other men or to men of like rank. A farmer may be rich with property which would not make a nobleman rich. An annual income of 500 sterling pounds would make a rich vicar, but not a rich bishop. Men more willingly acknowledge others to be richer, than to be wiser than themselves.
Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver and in gold.
2. Splendid; costly; valuable; precious; sumptuous; as a rich dress; a rich border; a rich silk; rich furniture; a rich present.
3. Abundant in materials; yielding great quantities of any thing valuable; as a rich mine; rich ore.
4. Abounding in valuable ingredients or qualities; as a rich odor or flavor; rich spices.
So we say, a rich description; a discourse rich in ideas.
5. Full of valuable achievements or works.
Each minute shall be rich in some great action.
6. Fertile; fruitful; capable of producing large crops or quantities; as a rich soil; rich land; rich mold.
7. Abundant; large; as a rich crop.
8. Abundant; affording abundance; plentiful.
The gorgeous East with richest hand pours on her sons barbaric pearl and gold.
9. Full of beautiful scenery; as a rich landscape; a rich prospect.
10. Abounding with elegant colors; as a rich picture.
11. Plentifully stocked; as pastures rich in flocks.
12. Strong; vivid; perfect; as a rich color.
13. Having something precious; as a grove of rich trees.
14. Abounding with nutritious qualities; as a rich diet.
15. Highly seasoned; as rich paste; a rich dish of food.
16. Abounding with a variety of delicious food; as a rich table or entertainment.
17. Containing abundance beyond wants; as a rich treasury.
18. In music, full of sweet or harmonious sounds.
19. In Scripture, abounding; highly endowed with spiritual gifts; as rich in faith. James 2.
20. Placing confidence in outward prosperity. Matt. 19.
21. Self-righteous; abounding, in one’s own opinion, with spiritual graces. Rev. 3.
Rich in mercy, spoken of God, full of mercy, and ready to bestow good things on sinful men. Eph 2. Rom. 10.
The rich, used as a noun, denotes a rich man or person, or more frequently in the plural, rich men or persons.
The rich hath many friends. Prov. 14.
And to peak this share and give you a mulling thought; “Riches are blessings.” Amen!
How has The LORD blessed you?
I challenge you to write a list of your own 31 blessings. In the meantime, here are mine:
1. Life – the very fact that I woke up today is a blessing.
2. Faith – I shudder to think of where and who I would be without my faith in Jesus Christ.
3. Family – My eyes fill with tears when I think of the family God has blessed me with.
4. My Church Family – there is something deep and beautiful about worshipping, serving, and praying with fellow believers.
5. Friends – My friends are some of the most kind, loving, generous, and faithful people I know.
6. Food – While attempting to keep teenagers full of good food has its challenges, we are abundantly blessed to not know hunger.
7. Water – clean, abundant, hot, cold water
8. Forgiveness – Oh, how great is the forgiveness of our heavenly Father! And of others.
9. Grace, Not Perfection – It is all about grace.
10. Hope – Christ in me, “the hope of glory” ~Colossians 1:27
11. My Home – Home is where I spend my days with my best friend, where I watch my children grow up, where I learn what it is to care for my family, and where I feel at peace.
12. God’s Gifts – God has gifted each of us so that we may minister to others for our growth, their benefit, and His glory.
13. Love – “And now these three remain: faith, hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love ” ~1 Corinthians 13:13 (NJKV)
14. Trials – This is probably something not often found on a gratitude list, but I believe that God uses trials to grow us, and for that I am thankful. (James 1:2-3)
15. Prayer – That the God of the universe desires continual communion with us astounds me.
16. God’s Word – Much like my faith, I would be lost without the word of God. It truly is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
17. Laughter – I love hearing people laugh, especially my husband and my children.
18. Joy – Not just happiness as a result of circumstances, but the true joy of the Lord.
19. Freedom – to worship, to homeschool my children, and most importantly, freedom in Christ
20. Pets – Like furry family members, our pets often bring us great companionship.
21. The Beauty of Creation: northern lights, fall leaves, falling snow, starry skies, ocean waves. God’s creation is as endless as it is majestic and beautiful.
22. Knowledge & Wisdom– I am so thankful for the things I have learned in this life.
23. Electricity & Internet – both only need be out for a few hours to realize how much we rely on them
24. Modern Conveniences – As much as I love the simple life, I am thankful for the appliances that make my life easier.
25. Giving & Receiving– both are blessings in countless ways
26. Health & Modern Medicine – I know there is much to be desired in this area, but I am thankful nonetheless.
27. Wild Flowers – they are simply beautiful, especially when carried into the house by a loving husband or precious child
28. My relationships – I am so thankful to be with my best friend; and when/if married with my spouse.
29. My Local Library – movies, books, music, and homeschool material all for free (well, sorta free)
30. Dirty Dishes – though I tire of washing them, they are a reminder that I am blessed to have them, a kitchen, hot water, food, and a family to dirty them
31. You. Thank you for taking the time to read the words that God has placed upon my heart.
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of Your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High ~Psalm 9:1-2 (ESV)
Now to God – our Father in Heaven Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, be glory and adoration, Amen