Tomorrow? A day? Or for and in ALL our ways? A deep concept! Rather than mull it over, let’s get digging – EVER day is a reason and Season to give God thanks. Ever though of this? Eyes open…have to pee? Kiss your spouse (night time breath and all…or a peck on the cheek 😊)…More natural first thing first! I have feeling: full bladder, love…are your kids in the bed with you? Snoring does not matter! You are up!
Thank God – first! No extensive prayer, learn to pray and thank God constantly in ALL you do, ALL your ways!
- 1 Chronicles 16:34: “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
- Colossians 3:15: “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
- Colossians 4:2: “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”
- 1 Corinthians 1:4: “I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:11: “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
- 1 Timothy 4:4-5: “For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18: “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
- Philippians 4:6-7: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Jonah 2:9: “But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the Lord.’”
- Psalm 28:7: “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”
- Psalm 50:14: “Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High.”
We get a ‘taste’ of what The Word says!
- 1 Chronicles 16:23-26: “Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.”
- 1 Chronicles 29:13: “And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.”
- Hebrews 13:15: “Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.”
- Psalm 28:7: “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
- Psalm 56:4: “In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
- Psalm 69:30:”I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.”
- Psalm 95:1-3: “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.”
- Psalm 100:4: “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.”
- Psalm 107:8-9: “Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.”
- Philippians 4:8: “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18:”Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
A taste? How about a Thanksgiving meal! Actually, that is proper.
Chil’ les’ New Testament it. Com’ on now!
- 1 Corinthians 9:10: “Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because when farmers plow and thresh, they should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:10: “Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.”
- Galatians 6:9: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
We can O.T. it some more 😊
- Isaiah 9:3: “You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as soldiers rejoice when dividing the plunder.”
- Jeremiah 5:24: “They do not say to themselves, ‘Let us fear the Lord our God, who gives autumn and spring rains in season, who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest.'”
- Psalm 67:6: “The earth has yielded its produce; God, our God, blesses us.”
- Proverbs 18:20: “From the fruit of their mouths people’s stomachs are filled; with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied.”
The end is the end! So, end it all!
- Revelation 14:15: “Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, ‘Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.'”