In reading a sisters post, I encountered questions that brought a lightness to my Spirit. Why? Returning to positivities of old being a warm expectation of further growth.
1. What is one of your fondest memories? My Dad bringing home a rabbit when my siblings and I were really young.
2. Who taught you to ride a bicycle/and or a vehicle? A bicycle – My older ‘brother’ Dayo. I would feign to say my Dad, but remembering a fall I had, learning lesson. I have to admit that struggling to ‘keep up’ with him and his friends was a lesson all on its own.
3. Did you have a favorite outfit growing up? If so, describe. Favorite outfit 🤔 Whatever my Mom bought was bought in love/Love and dearly appreciated. A favorite? I am at loss for.
4. What was your favorite place/ hangout when you were a kid or teen? This is undoubtedly easy to remember. In boarding school, I was bitten by a snake and prayed for by Christian’s. I did not go to the infirmary; a ‘force’ enwrapped my leg and out came a ‘fluid’. I returned to the dormitory missing evening preparatory; falling asleep and being filled with a sense of purpose to ‘learn’ how and why I was! I found Christ!
This is dulled even by my recent (6 years ago) experience! I was riding my motorcycle and was in a near fatal collision (or I could call it ‘fatal’ but I am here writing – no?)
Being in the Medical field – Definitions are so very important. I was in an accident, was air lifted to Erie County Medical Center in Buffalo, NY. Brain surgeries and an orthopedic fixation later with pressors and medications to support a sagging blood pressure.
The story goes on…I am here now! A reason? Yes! I ‘thought’ I was ‘dreaming’ for a ‘busy’ evening. So VERY much I experienced in my ‘short’ dream. Here, I would challenge you to find a watch/clock timer in your ‘dream’ and literally attemp to keep ‘time’. There are different levels of sleep; There are four stages of sleep: Non-REM (NREM) sleep (Stages 1, 2 & 3) and REM sleep. Periods of wakefulness occur before and intermittently throughout the various sleep stages or as one shifts sleeping position. Wake is the period when brain wave activity is at its highest and muscle tone is active.
So, what is sleep in the biblical context? https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/753-biblical-concept-of-sleep-the
Here, I will vein on occurences in The Bible about occasions when individuals ‘slept’ and/or dreamy. Samuel hearing the ‘Voice’ as he slept and waking up ran to Eli to answer the call:
The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was. Then the Lord called Samuel.
Samuel answered, “Here I am.” And he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”
But Eli said, “I did not call; go back and lie down.” So he went and lay down.
Again the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”
“My son,” Eli said, “I did not call; go back and lie down.”
Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord: The word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him.
A third time the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”
Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’ ” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!”
Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” 1 Samuel 3:3-10
Here, I will ask you if you dream. I already threw the challenge of you attempting to maintain the concept of actual time in a ‘dream’. Yes, it can be done at the earlier stages. But in deeper sleep? No.
Above we see the examples of ‘sleep’. To communicate with an extracorporeal sense – Extracorporeal: Outside the body, in the anatomic sense. This treads lightly on subjects with great depth. So, what is beyond the physical?
The word ‘supernatural’ comes to mind.
- (Of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.”A supernatural being” Similar:Paranormal, psychic, magic, magical, occult, mystic, mystical, miraculous, superhuman, supernormal, hypernormal, extramundane, inexplicable, uncanny, unaccountable, unbelievable, nonrational, weird, mysterious, arcane, ghostly, phantom, spectral, otherworldly, unearthly, unnatural, unreal, fabulous, spooky. Opposite:Natural,Normal
- Manifestations or events considered to be of supernatural origin, such as ‘ghosts’.
Are ‘ghosts’ real? Being of a Science rich background, let us approach this first from that perspective: https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/science-ghosts
For individuals who are finding this hard to believe, take in/swallow it is amazing that a ‘Scientist’ would have an experience that would make him retread former ‘concepts’. Let us look at it from a none Scientific bend:
What does The Bible have to say about ghosts? We have examined this above already, but to afford us a different perspective:
5. Can you remember your favorite pet growing up? Yes, family back ‘home’ is different from the concept of nuclear family. Father, Mother, Brother, Sister. It is the description/definition of relatives – awọn ibatan, ọmọ ẹgbẹ ti idile mi, idile…we could go on. So, my elder brother had an Labrador named- Prince.
Life expectancy: 10 – 14 yearsOrigin: Newfoundland Weight: Male: 64–79 lbs (29–36 kg), Female: 55–71 lbs (25–32 kg) Colors: Black, Chocolate, Yellow Height: Male: 22–24 inches (57–62 cm), Female: 22–24 inches (55–60 cm) Temperament: Intelligent, Kind, Even Tempered, Agile, Outgoing, Trusting, Gentle.
6. Favorite show or movie growing up. This has nothing to do with now: Top Gun –
The Top Gun Naval Fighter Weapons School is where the best of the best train to refine their elite flying skills. When hotshot fighter pilot Maverick (Tom Cruise) is sent to the school, his reckless attitude and cocky demeanor put him at odds with the other pilots, especially the cool and collected Iceman (Val Kilmer). But Maverick isn’t only competing to be the top fighter pilot, he’s also fighting for the attention of his beautiful flight instructor, Charlotte Blackwood (Kelly McGillis).
Release date: May 16, 1986 (USA) (aging myself – I know 😊)
Film series: Top Gun
7. Did you like playing outside growing up? Yes. What was your favorite? Bike riding.
8. Favorite gift you received as a child. The Atari.
What was your personality as a child? Naughty or nice? Nice
Did you believe in Santa Claus, tooth fairy, etc? For the most part, Yes!
Did you have to learn things the hard way or did you learn by other people’s mistakes? Uhh! Here I will definitely say I learned life the hard way. I lived life and I lived it well (so I thought) until I was allowed to see what I experienced. Many, and I mean many old habits are changing/changed. To God be The glory. I simply now know that I was Allowed back for a reason. Many knew me, fewer now! In truth, I now know of The LORD and strive to be where I caught a glimpse of.
Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
For wide is the gate and broad is the. way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it.
We have been shown The Way by one like us in the physical sense. The very same temptations and more He experienced. Call on The name of The LORD and be saved.
We can explore it a smidgen/tad… If we study The Word it says Joshua means “Yah saves.” Joshua = Yahshua = Yah + shuah. Yah is short for Yahweh, and shuah is from yeshuah which means “to save, save alive, rescue.” In other words, the more appropriate translation for Jesus‘ name is “God rescues.”