Prayer in the Hebrew Bible is an evolving means of interacting with God, most frequently through a spontaneous, individual, unorganized form of petitioning and/or thanking. … In these instances, such as with Isaac, Moses, Samuel, and Job, the act of praying is a method of changing a situation for the better.
Forms of prayer. Four basic elements of Christian prayer:
(1) Prayer of Adoration/Blessing.
(2) Prayer of Contrition/Repentance
(3) Prayer of Thanksgiving/Gratitude
(4) Prayer of Supplication/Petition/Intercession.
Prayer is, in the Christian faith and in many other spiritual traditions, a way of being and a way of relating. Prayer is a way of being: being in the moment, being present, being open. … Prayer is a way of relating: to God, to ourselves, to those around us.
- Know to Whom you are speaking.
- Thank God.
- Ask for God’s will. (https://www.christianity.com/wiki/prayer/what-is-praying-god-s-will.html)
- Say what you need.
- Ask for forgiveness. …
- Pray with family, friends (For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20.).
- Pray the Word. . (https://www.thenivbible.com/blog/how-to-pray-scripture/)
- Memorize Scripture. (https://www.navigators.org/resource/how-to-memorize-scripture)