In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Are you called?
Your Father Created ALL, Amen
Ask in faith understanding The Love of a Creator Whom knows every thought, need, want, joy/pain in your heart
Pray to the Holy Spirit daily for strength. Anything in your life that may be leading to sin, remove it. Discipline yourself. Start building your devotional life. Spend time with the Lord in prayer and in His Word. I noticed in my life if I slack in my devotional life that can lead to sin. Put your focus on the Lord and trust in Him
- “Our prayers have stains in them, our faith is mixed with unbelief, our repentance is not so tender as it should be, our communion is distant and interrupted. We cannot pray without sinning, and there is filth even in our tears.” Charles Spurgeon
- “Satan doth not tempt God’s children because they have sin in them, but because they have grace in them. Had they no grace, the devil would not disturb them. Though to be tempted is a trouble, yet to think why you are tempted is a comfort.” Thomas Watson
1. James 3:2 For we all stumble in many ways. If someone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect individual, able to control the entire body as well.
2. 1 John 1:8 If we say that we do not have any sin, we are deceiving ourselves and we’re not being truthful to ourselves.
3. Romans 3:10 As it is written, “Not even one person is righteous.”
4. Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this dying body?
5. Romans 7:19-20 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
6. Romans 7:22-23 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.
7. Romans 7:15-17 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.
8. 1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
Our sinfulness allows us to see our need for a Savior. It makes us more dependent on Christ and makes Christ more of a treasure to us.
9. Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
10. Ephesians 1:3 Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ.
The answer to all your sin struggles.
11. Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
12. Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
I struggle God. I struggle with ungodly thoughts. I want to be more. I want to do better. I hate my sin. Is there hope for me? Yes! Brokenness over sin is a sign of a true Christian
13. Hebrews 9:14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
14. Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
15. Luke 11:11-13 What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?
Allow your weakness to drive you straight to God.
16. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
17. 1 John 2:1 My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ the Righteous One.
Allow your joy to come from the finished work of Christ.
18. John 19:30 After Jesus had taken the wine, he said, “It is finished.” Then he bowed his head and released his spirit.”
19. Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Pray for help and keep on praying until your last breath.
20. Psalm 86:1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help.
21. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
A promise from the Lord
22. 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it.
Continue to trust in The Lord.
23. 2 Corinthians 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us.
Keep your focus on the Lord and make war with sin. Anything that is bringing you to temptation cut it out of your life. For example, bad friends, bad music, things on TV, certain websites, social media, etc. Replace it with devotion to the Lord.
24. Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
25. Romans 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no plans to satisfy the fleshly desires.