How You Can Keep Christ in Christmas:
- Set up a Nativity and make it a focus in your home.
- Participate in Advent. Light an Advent wreath or candle each day leading up to Christmas.
- Don’t stress about things that really don’t matter this season.
- Do something for someone else on Christmas Day.
- Invite someone to share Christmas dinner with your family.
- Watch ‘The Nativity Story’ together as a family. This PG movie tells very well the greatest story ever told.
- Cherish traditions with your family. Start some new ones!
- Attend church on Christmas Eve and try to make attendance a New Year’s Resolution.
- Donate a gift for a family in need.
- Volunteer to help the homeless.
- Forgive someone. Jesus came to forgive our sins. In this way, we too are asked to forgive. Especially in this year of mercy, prayerfully consider who and how to forgive. Whether you must ask someone for forgiveness, or experience a private moment between you and God, try to wipe the slate clean with someone this holiday.
Day off? Be a blessing, shock yourself!
Yes! We recieved The greatest gift ever, Love sent Christ Jesus Who made all things! God’s Word to live as Man. So many rungs beneath Who Jesus is…
So, it is not about games, clothing, trips…but about celebrating What and Who we have been given. Take the time to see what you can do to celebrate the day for and with someone.
Father LORD, this is a season of celebration. You sent Your only Son to die for me. Hallelujah! Move me to show Your Essence this holiday period and for always, Amen. Lead me and guide me to show Your Love in all I do, I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.