Grace will find you when you desire it.
1. Titus 2:11-14 “For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.”
2. Romans 6:1-3 “What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?”
3. 2 Corinthians 6:1 “We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.”
4. Colossians 1:21-22 “Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation.”
5. 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Grace changes you
By the grace of God believers are transformed. In pulpits across America a cheap grace is being promoted. This cheap grace does not have the power to set believers free from sin. This cheap grace says, “just believe and get saved. Who cares about repentance?” We treat the grace of God as if it were nothing. As if it were powerless. It is the grace of God that turns a murderer like Paul into a saint. It is the grace of God that turns a greedy chief tax collector by the name of Zacchaeus into a saint.
How do wicked people living like the devil their whole life miraculously just change? Why has the church of Jesus Christ forgotten the power of grace? False believers say, “I’m under grace I can live like the devil.” Genuine believers say, “If grace be this good let me be holy.” There is a genuine desire for righteousness. There is a genuine desire to follow Christ. We obey not out of obligation, but out of thankfulness for the amazing grace that was shown to us on the cross.
You remember how wicked you were before Christ! You were in chains. You were a prisoner to your sins. You were lost and you were never trying to be found. An innocent man took away your chains. The God-Man Jesus Christ took away your death sentence. The God-Man Jesus Christ gave you a new life. You did nothing to deserve such a great and powerful gift.
We have watered down the gospel and when you water down the gospel you get in return a watered-down grace. Salvation is not saying a prayer. After many people say the Sinner’s Prayer, they go straight to Hell. How dare these preachers water down the blood of Jesus Christ! A grace that doesn’t change your life and give you new affections for Christ is not grace at all.
Favor will locate you when you wish for it and will speak for you.
No good thing on Earth shall elude you because God has given you all and has met all your needs.
The Lord shall fight all your battles for you and you shall hold your peace.
God will defend you where you cannot speak and bring justice to you where all hope has been lost.
In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.