I will like those who claim that speaking in tongues must be earthly languages or human/people’s languages to help me answer the following questions from the below quoted scripture.
1 Corinthians 14:2&4
- “For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.”
- “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.”
QUESTIONS FROM VERS 2.
- If you insist that speaking in tongues must be earthly languages or Haman languages, how can speaking your native language amount to speaking MYSTERIES in the spirit by someone else in another country if God could give your native language to that person as his own speaking in Tongues?
- Supposing your language is Spanish for instance, how can you justify the claim of “NO MAN UNDERSTANDETH HIM” if Spanish is given as speaking in Tongues to someone in another country ? Can you claim that no man understands Spanish in any other country?
3a. It’s stated that the person speaking in unknown Tongues doesn’t speak to men but to God. Why do you insist that what someone is saying to God in prayer must be interpreted for you to understand, is prayers no longer a secret conversation between a man and his Creator?
3b. It’s written clearly that the tongue is not talking to man (you) but God, still you are insisting you must know what the tongue is talking about, do you think the person praying Tongues is reporting you to God or have you become God yourself that you want to hear what the person is saying?
QUESTIONS FROM VERS 4.
- If you believe the scripture in vers 4 that says he that speaks in unknown Tongues edifice or build up himself (spiritually) and speaking in tongues must be people’s languages as you claim, how do you think your own native language has the capacity and capability to build me up spiritually if your native language is given to me as my own in Tongues? (when I also have my own native language to pray with).
2a. Do you believe that as an English language speaking person, if God could give you French language as your own speaking in Tongues, it will help you build up yourself spiritually or help edify you?
2b. The native language you are speaking that couldn’t edify you and God has to give you another man’s native language as ‘speaking in Tongues’, how do you think if God give that your native language to another person (as his own speaking in Tongues) it will help edify the person?
Simply put: if your native language becomes my own speaking in tongues and my native language becomes your own speaking in tongues, do you think that by speaking my native language, you will edify yourself? or that if I speak your own native, I will be edify by it?
You honest answers to the above questions will help justify your claim or prove to you that you were wrong all these while and you have no choice than to accept the truth if you are actually for the truth.
Very good question. The Bible states “If there is no one to translate, pray quietly.” If there is a revelation, The same Spirit Who prays for you with tongues that are too deep for you to understand…”In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” Romans 8:26
Remember, the first indwelling of The Holy Spirit: https://www.gotquestions.org/indwelling-of-the-Holy-Spirit.html
I would agree, IF led to speak in tongues in a gathering of believers, ask The Father in prayer if others present will be blessed.
My experience is it is possible to be another Earthly language; when moved obey The Spirit.