Whether your need is small or great, you are welcome to use God’s direct 24-hour hotline—prayer! His promise is, “Call to me and I will answer you” (Jeremiah 33:3).
F is for FORGIVENESS
- Everyone has sinned and needs god’s forgiveness
- “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3: 23
- God’s forgiveness is in Jesus only.
- “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our sins, according to the riches of his grace.” Ephesians 1: 7
A is for AVAILABLE
- God’s forgiveness is available for all.
- “God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3: 16
- God’s forgiveness is available but not automatic.
- “Not everyone who says to me ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven.” MATTHEW 7:21
I is for IMPOSSIBLE
- According to the Bible, it is impossible to get to Heaven on our own.
- “By grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift—not from works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2: 8-9
- So how can a sinful person have eternal life and enter Heaven?
T is for TURN
- If you were driving down the road and someone asked you to turn and go back, what would they be asking you to do?
- Turn means repent.
- Turn away from sin and self.
- “Unless you repent, you shall all likewise perish as well.” Luke 13: 3
- Turn to Jesus as your Savior and Lord.
- Jesus said: “i am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14: 6
- Here is the greatest news:
- “If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that god raised Jesus from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation.” Romans 10: 9-10
- What happens if a person is willing to repent of their sins and confess Christ?
H is for Heaven
- Heaven is a place where we will live with God forever.
- “if I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to myself, so that where I am you may be there also.” John 14: 3
- Eternal life begins now with Jesus:
- “I have come that they may have life and have it more abundantly.” John 10: 10
- H can also stand for HOW
- How can a person have God’s forgiveness, eternal life, and heaven?
- By trusting Jesus as your Savior and Lord.
Matthew 7:7–14 describes God as a generous Father eager to give good gifts to His praying children. Jesus commands His followers to continually ask and seek, with confidence that they will receive and find. Christ summarizes the intent of God’s commands in the Old Testament: doing for others what we want done for us.